Evgeniya Maltseva (Izhevsk) – artist, expressionist, resident of FEDINI Gallery
Evgeniya Maltseva graduated from the Institute of Art and Design of the Udmurt state University in 2005. Until 2009 Evgeniya trained in the creative painting workshop of the Russian Academy of Arts under the guidance of Haris Yakupov (Kazan). From 2009 to 2010 Evgeniya studied at the school of modern art “Free workshops” at the Museum of Modern Art in Moscow.
Evgeniya Maltseva always asks questions about human relations, human psychology and the inner world. Evgeniya became to the conclusion that her works are within the indefinite bounds of expressionism and realistic expressionism.
Thinking about what painting can be now and what it is needed to move to, led Yevgenia to the idea that she can not engage in modern art, touching on small themes: “Today, painting can only be hyperindividual and can only bebrought to extremes.”
All the artist’s works are associated with deep experiences that provide an opportunity to find a balance of values, focusing on the traditions of fine art from icon painting to modern techniques and methods. Some of the works are called by the artist himself: “Icons that are relevant to the modern context.”
2012, the II prize in the Category “Repin Prize” in the interregional competition in the field of contemporary academic art “Against the current”.
2014, the Academic prize of the President of the Russian Academy of Arts Zurab Tsereteli.
2015-2017, 2019 – scholarship holder of the Ministry of Culture of Russia.
Member of the Union of Artists of Russia since 2008.
Member of the Creative Union of Artists of Russia since 2014.
The artist’s works have been exhibited in galleries/ museums, private and public collections:
- Viktor Bondarenko, Andrey Gertsev, Artur Chilingarov, Konstantin Grigorishin, Marat Gelman, Vladimir Frolov, Mikhail alshibay, Nikolay Palazhchenko, actress Tatyana Vasilyeva, Sergey Dorenko, Volker Diehl, Pierre-Cristian Brochet, Gil Petersil, Javier Garcia-Larrache, Luciano Benetton.
- Moscow Museum of Modern Art (Moscow); Izhevsk Museum (Izhevsk); Museum of modern art (Saratov), Udmurt Republic Museum of Fine Arts (Izhevsk).
- Eastern gallery (Moscow); ROSNANO (Moscow); Art Ru Agency (Moscow), Russian Cultural Center (Trivandrum, India).
Artist Evgenia Maltseva is a participant of many individual / group Russian and international exhibitions.
- Graphics exhibition, @ Russian Cultural Center, Trivandrum, India.
- “SONG of SONGS”, @ Udmurt Republican Museum of Fine Arts, Izhevsk, Russia
- “BRUTALITY”, @ Volvo-centr, Kazan, Russia
- “SPIRITUAL WARFARE”, @ Gelman gallery, Moscow.
“MASCULIN”, @ Eastern gallery, Moscow, Russia
- EROS, @ exhibition hall of the Union of Artists of the Republic of Tatarstan, Kazan, Russia
- “Anti-GLAMOUR”, @ gallery Camille, Kazan, Russia
- ArtRussiaFair-contemporary art Fair @ Gostiny Dvor, Moscow, Russia
- Creation and destruction, Saint Petersburg, Volgograd, Kaliningrad, Tolyatti, Stavropol, Moscow.
- World Art Dubai, @ World Trade Centre, solo stand, Dubai, UAE.
- Contemporary art exhibition @ Red Dot Miami, P.S. gallery, Miami, USA
- Creation of the World, @ x-MAX Gallery, Ufa.
- Tragedy in the corner, @ Museum of Moscow, Moscow, Colosseum, Izhevsk.
- Red gate. Against the current, Moscow, Saratov, Saransk, Tolyatti, Kazan.
- DAR, @ Udmurt Republican Museum of Fine Arts, Izhevsk.
- ART RIOT: POST-SOVIET ACTIONISM, @ Saatchi Gallery, London.
- Eco-exhibition LAYERS, @ Gallery, Izhevsk.
- ArtEco Week | Art and ECOLOGY WEEK, @ Artlight, Saint Petersburg.
- Exhibition “Izhevsk Speaks” in the framework of the V Moscow international Biennale of young art, @ UR Museum of Fine Arts, Izhevsk; CTI Fabrika, Moscow).
- International exhibition “Between the Volga and the Danube”, @ Tsereteli Gallery, Moscow.
- Exhibition of Russian art @ the estate Kasteel Strijthagen, Landgraaf, the Netherlands.
- Exhibition of fellows of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation “Collective consciousness”, @ Winzavod, Moscow, Vladikavkaz, Kazan.
- International exhibition NORDART, @ Kunstwerk Carlshütte, Budelsdorf, Germany.
- Exhibition “Surgery”. Collection M. Alshibaya, @ the cultural Foundation Ekaterina, Moscow.
- Exhibition of Russian contemporary art, Art-Monaco, @ Carré Doré Gallery, Monaco.
- Art vs geography @ PERMM Museum, Perm.
- ICONS @ art-center “Tkachi”, Saint-Petersburg.
- II interregional academic exhibition Krasnye Vorota, Saratov, Samara, Penza, Tolyatti, Ulyanovsk, Kazan, Cheboksary, Izhevsk, Kirov, Nizhny Novgorod, Moscow.
- “IZHEVSK ZAVOT”, @ Erarta Museum, Saint Petersburg.
- IV Moscow Biennale of contemporary art @ Eastern gallery,
- ART-MOSCOW @ CHA, pavilion of the Eastern gallery, Moscow.
- From the opposite @ Winzavod, Moscow.
- All-Russian exhibition Bolshaya Volga @ Cheboksary.
- Interregional exhibition Unity @ N. Novgorod.
- All-Russian exhibition @ Youth Central house of artists, Moscow.
- 2006 120th anniversary of Tukay @ Kazan.